It's been a little while since I've updated the website or posted a blog entry. Here's a little of what I've done:
- I finished the first draft of a semi-biographical feature that I'm going to completely revamp and rewrite
- Knocked a few big ones off of the 1,001 Movies You Need to See Before You Die list as well as some other big/important ones.. Some that stood out include Ugetsu, Andrei Rubelev, A Brighter Summer Day, Mephisto, Housekeeping, The Proletariat Trilogy, The Apu Trilogy, and many more.
- Got some new headshots done by my friend Rob Flate (if you're reading this and you need headshots or any other kind of professional photography done check him out, he's amazing).
- Booked a one-line co-star in an upcoming AppleTV show. It's called "Physical" and stars Rose Byrne. She was very nice and it was an incredibly easy day on set despite being my first time on a set since COVID.
- Read Michel Houellebecq's The Map and the Territory. He's an amazing writer but probably not the most uplifting voice to read during a time like this.
That's all I can think of for now. I'm going to go back to working on this feature that I'm writing. I'm really excited about it because I found a great deal of inspiration from one of the aforementioned films, A Brighter Summer Day. It's going to take a lot of work.